Sunday, July 19, 2015

warning from ADS

Talking about voices, Anna Deveare Smith says, "Pain is a warning. Observe the warnings always. Stop and troubleshoot the problem." This is true of more than the voice, and I realize I could feel the first warnings during the first storyteller's gym class. Although everything was fine with the other class members, I could tell from the beginning that the yoga stretches were causing me great agony. Since Tuesday I have have severe back pains and am going to have to find alternative ways to stretch before class and performances, since I cannot do stretches that injure me.  So, if you see me sitting on a chair during the yoga stretches, it has to do with heeding my own individual warning and troubleshooting my own individual problem.

1 comment:

  1. Thats an interesting post. I tend to think if something it is true it will be true everywhere. I think the same think about anxiety. But I override it. Slowly I have been learning to heed that call or that voice. Much smoother sailing.

    ReplyDelete