Friday, July 24, 2015

Braiding Stories/ Story Braiding

Whooooa, I can start with one memory which leads to another, which leads to another, and another, on and on. At first they seem only loosely connected or even disconnected but our brains through up what spills out for a reason. So if we look closely recurring themes like music, art, bare feet, a desire, the Earth, a fear, a favorite, a person, a season, a food, a habit............................can begin to link and connect into the fractals of a life story.

Now, what's really exciting is that we can do this with all kinds of stories! We can braid a fairytale with a personal experience and a How & Why story. Or how about braiding folktale/ Tall Tale/ Myth. For example: I might braid a personal story with a fairytale and animal story..."then I sat the tiny creatures down and I helped my husband suit up like a storybook Queen preparing her knight for a quest."

Oh, this is fun.....




1 comment:

  1. I loved today that you brought in song. And other ways we could braid in more and more!

    ReplyDelete