Sunday, July 19, 2015

Readings for Storytelling Gym

I couldn't find my book so I pulled what I could of this off the internet. While I have read many times Tolkien's books and writings this is one of the scenes the stands out in my mind. Eowyn's story moves me deeply and this part in particular.

The Witch-king of Angmar, Lord of the Nazgul boasted that "[n]o living man may hinder me,"
The Shieldmaiden of Rohan removed her helmet and declared, “But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."
He shattered her shield and broke her shield-arm with his mace. Then Eowyn seized an opportunity to strike the witch-king with a killing thrust “between crown and mantle.” His withering form collapsed and he vanished with a final cry of anguish.

No comments:

Post a Comment