Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 5

I really loved the simple but powerful experience of walking from one side of the room to the other, either on a line or a curve, with our eyes closed. Also, to hear the idea of wearing the stage almost like it were part of your outfit was a powerful image as well. We practiced in class that instead of seeing the stage area as something that "is what it is" how to really test its limitations and benefits and begin to get the full use out of the space, and trust the space, and own the space for a moment.

Also, working with the different personas was fun on Friday, too. It was interesting to see how people interpreted the various personas and to try to guess which person was displaying which persona.

2 comments:

  1. I also really enjoyed the walking in blind exercises. I found that pushed some limits and boundaries for me.. I thought I had it down, I counted everyones steps before me and knew exactly how far to go. Then I arrived short and got afraid anyway. I see how this is like the idea of being observed and of observing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting, Julie! Thanks for sharing! It was really interesting to hear how you counted others' steps and tried to do the same. I just walked a bit and then held up one or two of my hands like, "Ok, not trying to bump into anyone. Please forgive me if I do." Ha. Once or twice I saw a shadow (or felt? Well, I mean I saw. I just had my eyes closed) as I approached, though, and it seemed helpful. I'm not sure if it was the person's shadow because it seemed as though sometimes I just lucked out and they happened to be standing near the edge of where a shadow ended.

      Delete