Monday, July 20, 2015

Discordant Illusions

I noticed something about the group imagined space exercise that we did on Friday. I noticed it felt a bit discordant. Some of us (myself included) seemed to be disagreeing on some of the elements we added to the shared illusory space. I noticed this because, I think, instead of adding static props, we interacted with each others' added elements, causing a clash between what we were seeing. I don't know if this was because we were unable to properly see each others' elements and how they were changing across the scene, or because we were unwilling to live in the same place. So if we do a similar exercise today (Monday) I am going to try completely giving in to what others create in the space, I am going to try to thoroughly submit to the imaginary creations of my classmates, and to only add what seems appropriate in the place they are creating. I'm curious to see if I can keep myself from causing discord.

No comments:

Post a Comment