Friday, July 24, 2015

A Chicken Named Marcel

I really enjoyed our one-line storytelling circle activity thingy doohicky and I thought it was a ton of fun. It challenged me to live in the moment of the story rather than to try to force the story around my ideas. For example, I had this idea of the dancing chicken, Marcel, starting a flash mob dance to do chicken-Thriller but when the story came around to me that didn't seem appropriate for that place. So instead I got to just go with the flow.

I wonder what would happen if, say, we built up the story more slowly. What if we had, time permitting of course, went around the room once just to build up the placement of character and location. Then we went around once or twice giving the actual story. Not to say that what we did was worse, but I wonder what we would have come up with if we took more time before the "then one day-" Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment