Wednesday, July 29, 2015

If it's True one place it should be True everywhere

I have heard Chris say some things about story listening, that there is a part of learning to tell stories that is also about learning how to listen to others stories ( forgive me Chris, I am not trying to quote you).

Equally I think there is a power to being able to sit with peoples stories, the happy, the uncomfortable, the sad, the angering.  As we listen to we become aware of our blind spots can we help shed light for others for theres?

Megan Wells sees storytelling as a consciousness building.  A holy temple so to speak.  I must admit being far from home and safely emerged in story land.  I have been using the tools of story creating and story listening to the story unfolding at home.

Some of you know Tom and I, have a little family drama taking place with one of our kids.  Maybe it is because I have been desensitized by a weeks worth of powerful personal stories, but I find myself better able to be present.  I am more helpful as I look to allow my own blind spots to be illuminated.
I have just started talking about everything in terms of story and story arc, and I am surprised by how much more this is able to be received.

The touching of consciousness that Megan Wells refers to?

1 comment:

  1. I love this thought. That illumination is totally real, and it transfers--it infuses your whole life. To me, that's the magic of storytelling.

    ReplyDelete