Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 3 Stage Nerves

I listened to Mr. Bil talk about how he flows into a story and then feels his feet touch back down among the audience toward the end. Perhaps this lift is due to the anticipation and energy of the audience.

I considered how this sounded much like what I feel during a performance if I'm nervous. When I get comfortable I am right there with the audience and we soar into the story together through our combined energies for the duration of the telling. It is a blissful experience of connections.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post, Wenny. What a beautiful description of it, feeling like soaring through the story together and then coming in for a landing. It reminds me of framing in stories. As listeners we're guided both in and out of the story by our teller. Beautiful to read how you describe it as soaring. I did enjoy listening to Bil yesterday. I especially enjoyed the talk back in the audience and getting to hear how he puts his stories together. I had thought that he memorized most of his stories but it was interesting to find out that was not the case for all of his stories. It was also interesting to hear how he felt when he was on the stage. It makes going up on a big stage seem more like a normative experience, though I've rarely had the opportunity. I think it is helping me worry a bit less and feel more at home on the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, I suppose I feel like my feet are a bit off the ground when I connect through the story with an audience. It's sort of like climbing into the and enjoying the ride.

    ReplyDelete