Thursday, July 23, 2015

Spirit Animal

I was really inspired by Regi Carpenter yesterday. I've never heard a storyteller quite like her before. I think it is fun to get to hear other storytelling students talk about their favorite storytellers. Every once and a while you can tell that someone looks up to a storyteller so much, that it is as if their favorite storyteller is their storytelling spirit animal, ha. So I have a lot of different storytellers that I love to hear, but I am adopting Regi as my storytelling spirit animal, I guess. :)

Of course if someone Googles this blog somewhere 10 years from now and excommunicates me from the church for using the phrase "spirit animal" I'll probably regret writing that but it was the best way for me to think of how to put the words. Think abstractly, sometimes, church.

I remember this scene in "Shall We Dance?" where J. Lo (whoever she is playing) is remembering a dancer who was so graceful and beautiful and how touched she was when the dancer smiled at her. And from that moment she knew she wanted to be a dancer. I think from yesterday, from seeing Regi, there was something about her performance that really inspired me. In ways that I don't really have words for yet, and I might have to think on it for a year or two to be able to put together an intelligent sentence or two to describe the feeling. But I did really enjoy getting to hear Regi yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment