Monday, July 20, 2015

Under Pain of Shoestrings!

Ok, I loved the exercises with the little pipes that David brought in last week, but the shoestrings absolutely beat my imagination to a pulp! It was a way more challenging game for me than any of the others we've done so far, and topped only by the bow-tying story challenge. I found that I could tell a story easily enough but, when it came to telling it while tying some semblance of a bow, I failed miserably! It's like all of my years of tying my shoes escaped me! Thanks to Tzitel (sorry if I butchered that spelling) for being so patient with me!

Despite the challenge, I appreciated the way it forced me to think differently about the string.

4 comments:

  1. I thought that monster and rug story was hilarious. That was one of the best stories that I have heard in a while. It sounded like a modern day + Greek mythology mashup at one point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aimee! I liked the story myself, I just had a hard time manipulating the string while doing so!

      Delete
  2. I also really enjoyed your monster story. If I wasn't caught up in bow I really enjoyed using string. I'm very kinesthetic (sp?) And I have been toying with ways I could include making cutting or drawing while telling I think I would enjoy playing more with string.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be pretty kinesthetic also but there was something about trying to tell a story and manipulate the string at the same time that really challenged me. But you might want to google magic tricks using string. I know of a few tricks that are relatively simple but could easily be used to tell stories. Professor's Nightmare is one I am familiar with.

      Delete