Monday, July 27, 2015

Braiding Exercise

The braiding exercise was powerful in many ways today.  It seems to me that as we come together in stretching and warm ups we are creating a universal space.  Then continuing to link our thinking around story so that we are parallel playing from the very beginning.  Thus, linking our stories into and next to each other in a kind of web.  Perfect evidence of that for me today was that as I said I was thinking the ball looked like a lemon I was also equally singing the lemon tree song in my head to which David has us start singing it.  So in braiding a story when we are already synchronized there is a powerful coming together.  I also liked that this wasn't necessarily forcing a story in any specific direction but allowing room for multiple stories and voices to link together, harmonizing ideas together.
I felt everything we did today harmonized and led to the next thing.  The game of what is it was a perfect jumping off place.  I thought it was interesting how similar our ideas were with the object.  What would happen in a group that might not be as creative?, or creative in different ways.  What would a group of bankers think the broom was?  What would a group of musicians see or dancers, or rabbis?
If one of us did this game with a group of rabbi's would a different kind of synchronicity occur, or would there be a discord? 

No comments:

Post a Comment