Monday, July 13, 2015

See, Say, Show

We used the exercise of seeing objects around us in the room, then naming them, and later showing the objects to help loosen up mentally, verbally and physically. It especially helped that we did the exercise incrementally in separate steps from just looking to talking to  add movement. For me, it felt like a warm-up before a performance to get the words and movements to flow. I would equate it with a warm-up that a dancer does before a performance and think it is valuable as a pre-performance tool. I could see how this could be used individually as a warm-up. However, I was wondering if a group exercise, for example if teaching a storytelling class, might include another step. The 4th step for a group exercise could be Share and be like charades. Of course, this was only what I was thinking about after the exercise in class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment